Learning with us – Week 2
Key contentWeek 2’s structure mirrors Week 1, with a focus on individuals in different contexts, certain groups of people, and systems and organisations. We hope this allows you to build on and apply the knowledge you gained last week to the contexts that interest you most.Where evidence exists, content is based on this, and where evidence is still emerging, we state this and encourage debate and discussion around steps we can take to manage.
Learning activitiesThis week consists of a variety of interactive steps, including videos, case studies, articles, discussions, and polls.We will continue to hear from Kevin, Carol, and Susan, and we’re excited for you to hear more about how their experiences are developing, and some of the ways they are now coping.We remain very interested in your own experiences, which we again encourage you to share through conversation on our discussion threads and polls.
Considerate conversationWe provided some guidance at the start of Week 1, but to recap the key messages:
- Almost every step has space for conversation and debate in the comments area.
- We have included regular prompts for discussions, but do contribute as and when you feel comfortable.
- FutureLearn has guidance on social learning and a Code of Conduct, including using the flag button for inappropriate comments.
- This course aims to be an educational resource for personal use only.
- This course should not replace professional advice from registered health professionals.
- We cover emotive topics and challenging content, please be aware of how this may affect you.
- Please work through at your own speed and take breaks as you need.
Enjoy Week 2!
COVID-19: Psychological Impact, Wellbeing and Mental Health
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.