Adapt a resource
- A class of 8-9-year-olds in a school in a rural location.
- A lunchtime club for 14-16year olds in an inner-city school. 75% from an ethnic minority background.
- A scout/guides group of 12-year-olds. Wide range of economic backgrounds and cultures.
If you make changes to your resource, upload the adapted resource to the resources Padlet, Use the comment feature on Padlet to say why you adapted it the way you did.
- Download the checklist of questions to help you review your resource.
- Go to the resources Padlet and select one resource.
- Identify the group of young people you will be volunteering with.
- Use the checklist to review the resource.
- In the discussion below, state what resource you looked at, what your scenario is and what you would do to adapt the resource. What might you need to ask the students or educator to help you use the resource effectively in a practical activity?
Inspiring Young People in STEM: Resources for Activities and Promoting Diversity
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.