By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Explain the purpose of different cybersecurity technologies
- Evaluate current, commonplace threats in the context of a cybersecurity investigation
- Evaluate how different security and cryptographic techniques affect a cybersecurity incursion
- Investigate evidence from a cyber security incursion
- Apply legally defensible practices to a cyber security investigation
You’ll have access to our online welcome area where you’ll be able to read any information relating to your microcredential.
From 11 Mar 2024
Cyber Security Operations (Cisco)
Develop skills, knowledge and understanding focused on how cyber security professionals respond to a cyberattack.
13 hours per week
Your submitted assessment will be marked and graded by subject matter experts. You’ll continue to have ongoing access to the course materials, as well as to the learning resources and software associated with the microcredential on the Cisco NetAcad platform.
15 UK credits at Postgraduate level from The Open University and a Certificate
Academic credits are awarded on passing the final academic assessment. These will be at postgraduate level 7 of the Framework for Higher Education (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) / level 11 of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework.
Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.
Passing the Cisco final course-based exam with 70% or higher at the first attempt grants a significant discount on the optional Cisco CyberOps Associate Exam (to be redeemed within 30 days).