This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course shed light on the Early Middle Ages by exploring the main events characterising this period from climate change to massive migrations, food and health and the different kind of settlements developing after the end of the Roman Empire well as showing innovative methodologies and tools used in archaeological practice.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Alejandra Chavarria Arnau
Professor of Medieval Archeology
University of Padova
- Create a sensibility for cultural heritage, particularly archaeological sites and material culture through a better understanding of their nature and meaning
- Compare historical phenomena of the past with those of the present
- Explore how innovative scientific methodologies are adding vital information about the past to traditional archaeology
- Investigate the connections and causations between different historical events
- Climatic change and its consequences at the end of the Roman Empire
- Environmental change, economic strategies, food and health
- The end of the Roman Empire, the fortification of urban centers and the birth of fortified settlements
- The arrival of new populations and their settlement in Italy
- Discovering the castrum of Castelseprio a world heritage site at the birth of Italian medieval archaeology
Issued on 26th November 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: