This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
University of Dundee and SISCC
This online course explored compassion in health and social care, using improvement science techniques to share practical tools for improving person-centred practice. It covered topics including compassionate care in the media, humanising care, caring conversations and leading compassionate care.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr Elaine Lee
Associate Dean International
University of Dundee
- Explore the reasons for and consequences of care that is not compassionate
- Describe compassionate care and observe how this is articulated in the real world
- Debate the factors that motivate compassionate care
- Identify attributes to develop in practice for improving care provision
- Discuss the nature of leading and influencing compassionate care
- Describe the concepts of relationship-centred practice and humanising healthcare
- Apply behaviour change techniques to help change how care is provided
Week 1 - What is compassionate care? - how do you develop relationship-centred practice? The 7C’s of caring conversations
Week 2 - Practising compassion every day - how do you design a compassionate environment, gathering input from service users, person-centred end-of-life care and practicing self-care
Week 3 - Creating a compassionate culture - perspectives on leadership, challenging conversations in a care setting, practical approaches to encourage compassionate care
Issued on 23rd September 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: