Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course introduced the fundamentals of omni-channel retailing, distinguishing it from multichannel operations. It outlined the benefits and issues arising from operating in an omni-channel environment, discussed the implications for consumers and retailers, and elaborated on how supply chain operations are being transformed by omni-channel retailing. It also explored the future of omni-channel retailing in light of the rapid advances in digital and other technologies.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Professor Booi Kam
Business IT and Logistics
- Explain how omni-channels have changed consumers’ buying experience and altered the dynamics between suppliers, retailers and consumers
- Assess the issues presented by omni-channels on contemporary supply chains.
- Explain and apply the key concepts of supply chain management to omni-channel retailing
- Analyse omni-channel logistics issues and identify workable solutions for logistics and supply chain problems
- Investigate new technologies to suggest options for last mile delivery
- The distinction between omni-channels and multi channels to recognise the features, benefits and challenges offered by a new way of buying and selling.
- Evolving modes of interaction between retailers and consumers demonstrating how consumer buying patterns and expectations are changing fast.
- Logistical operations for omni-channel retailers to show how supply chains, particularly warehouse and distribution channels, differ from the traditional approach in the way they must respond to ever-increasing challenges.
- The impact of real time data on retailers and consumers to recognise how retailers can use this to personalise the shopping experience and increase sales.
- The challenges of last mile delivery to show this link in the supply chain has expanded exponentially and the way new technologies and a range of third-party suppliers are fulfilling ‘anything, anytime, anywhere’ supply.
Issued on 5th October 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: