This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course explored life in the Netherlands and provided a lower beginners' level introduction to speaking and writing about yourself, family, friends, work and study. The course covered topics including Dutch phrases, greetings, vocabulary, numbers, spelling and grammar in reading, listening, speaking and writing. By the end of the course, phrases including introducing yourself, family, friends, work, study, eating, drinking and living can be recognised and formulated.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Jeroen van Engen MA
Lecturer of Dutch
University of Groningen
- Apply basic Dutch vocabulary and grammar in a range of everyday situations
- Produce short written statements in Dutch about every day life
- Discuss simple concepts, situations and needs in Dutch
- Reading and listening to dialogues about work, study, hobbies, eating, drinking, living, weather and the time
- Understanding the grammar around the conjugation of verbs, word order,personal pronouns, adjectives, modal verbs and making questions
- Writing and speaking assignments including introducing oneself and speaking about eating and living
- Introduction to Dutch culture
Issued on 3rd April 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: