This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Flexagons are twisted strips of folded paper, which reveal their properties when flexed. This online course will explain what flexagons are, their history and their naming conventions. You’ll find out how to create your own flexagons and be able to share them with our global community of learners. You’ll also explore mathematical fields that provide tools to analyze flexagons, including topology and graph theory and learn about Möbius strips, Tuckermann diagrams and more.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Davidson Institute of Science Education at the Weizmann Institute of Science
- Produce, create and fold Flexagons and Mobius Strips
- Explore flexagons and discover some of their unique properties
- Synthesize your knowledge and discover links between different mathematical tools.
- The invention of flexagons
- How to make flexagons
- Cyclic and non-cyclic flexagons
- Advanced flexagons
- Möbius strips and their surprising properties
- The math behind flexagons, Möbius strips and knotted paper bands
Issued on 29th June 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: