This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
On this course, you’ve been introduced to key data concepts, learning how to solve simple, everyday problems using data. You’ve discovered data ethics and the restrictions that exist in using other people’s data and learned how to present data in a meaningful way that’s easy to understand through data visualisation techniques. To give real-world context to your learning, you’ve examined these data concepts through the case study of a small business owner.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
- Describe the difference between data, metadata and knowledge
- Summarise how data is used to solve problems
- Interpret trends and analyse patterns from a dataset
- Debate the ethical considerations of data collection
- Produce a plan to solve a problem with evidence and data
- Apply a simple visualisation technique to make data easier to understand and work with
- Explore the notion of data and what that actually means
- Learn the key terminology related to dealing with data
- Explore how data can be used to solve problems
- Explore individual sets of data that can be brought together to form datasets, which can then be used for greater insights
- Explore the ethics and rules of using other people’s data
- Learn how to turn data into something visual and easy to understand
Issued on 4th April 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: