This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course gave an introduction to the fundamental aspects of people management. It offered an overview of approaches to management and an introduction to the labour market and recruitment. It explored learning and development options for individuals and a guide to performance management and appraisals. Finally, it gave an overview of well-being at work and the things managers can do to keep their team healthy and productive.
5 weeks, 3 hours per week
Head of Learning and Development Content
CIPD - Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Explore elements of managing absence and supporting employees returning to work
- Assess the current labour market conditions and trends for your organisation
- Explore good practice in both recruitment and induction
- Describe effective ways of developing both teams and individuals
- Explore approaches to managing good workplace performance
- Describe ways to address shortfalls in performance
- Discuss the need to maintain a healthy workforce
- Reflect on your own management style
- Overview of approaches to management
- Introduction to the labour market and recruitment processes
- Learning and development for individuals and teams
- Introduction to performance management and appraisals
- Managing absence
- Overview of well-being at work
Issued on 15th April 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has verified their identity. For more information about how FutureLearn verifies identities, visit futurelearn.com/verification/how-it-works. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from CIPD - Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
Free online course: