This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduced key programming concepts and the chance to apply them using Scratch, for primary or K-5 teachers.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
Carrie Anne Philbin
Director of Education
Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Understanding of key programming concepts; algorithms, sequencing, repetition, variables and selection.
- Scratch as a programming language.
- Reflect on your learning and create ideas for your classroom practise.
- Knowledge of programming concepts through projects, both unplugged and digital.
- Cross curricular approach to programming.
- Get an introduction to programming, explore algorithms, and apply yourunderstanding in a range of hands-on, cross-curricular Scratch projects.
- Explore repetition, and learn how to make use of repetition in your Scratch programs. Create your own art, music and animation using repeating patterns.
- Understand variables through real-world examples, and learn how to create variables by making a voting app, an interactive story and a ghost-catching game.
- Explore the concept of selection by creating a ‘capital cities’ quiz and a program that identifies animals based on answers to yes/no questions.
- Reflect on all of the key programming concepts to create your own final challenge project.
Issued on 9th October 2018
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has verified their identity. For more information about how FutureLearn verifies identities, visit futurelearn.com/verification/how-it-works. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Free online course: