What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to programming, explore algorithms, and apply understanding in a range of hands-on, cross-curricular Scratch projects.
- Explore repetition, and learn how to make use of repetition in your Scratch programs. Create your own art, music, making and animation using repeating patterns.
- Discover variables through real-world examples and learn how to create variables by making a voting app, an interactive story and a ghost-catching game.
- Explore the concept of selection by creating a ‘capital cities’ quiz and a program that classifies animals based on answers to yes/no questions.
- Reflect on all of the key programming concepts to create your own final challenge project.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
Teaching Programming in Primary Schools is designed for non-subject-specialist primary or K-5 teachers. You do not need any prior experience of programming to take part.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £69.00
Statement of Participation £39.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #Picademy to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course