Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The course introduced the role of nurses: from personal care, to supporting families and communities, to public health and infection control. The course also explored the principles of nursing and how nurses can help people and communities care for themselves.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Head of Practice Learning
King's College London
- Explore the role of nurses globally, and explain the unique contribution of the nurse
- Explain the principles of holistic care and apply holistic care within the local context of health and well-being
- Investigate the impact of the nurse’s role in patients’ lives and local communities
- Reflect on the role of the World Health Organisation in public health
- Identify what contributes to health and well-being
- Discuss the role of nurses in: improving health; gender equality; stronger economies
- The roles and unique contributions of nurses globally
- Principles and applications of Holistic care within a local context
- How nursing can support people and communities to care for themselves
- The role of nurses in public health, and the role of World Health Organisation
- The triple impact of nursing. How nursing can improve health; promote gender equality; and contribute towards stronger economies
Issued on 11th October 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: