Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Introduction to Nursing: The Role of Nurses Around the World
Explore the role nurses play around the world
Are you interested in a career in nursing? Prepare with this course where you will explore how nursing contributes to the health and well-being of individuals and communities around the world.
You will learn about the different roles nurses play, including the role of nurses in public health. You will discover the principles of nursing and understand how nurses can help people and communities care for themselves.
This course has been created by the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care, as part of the PADILEIA project. It is supported by SPHEIR UK aid.
- The roles and unique contributions of nurses globally
- Principles and applications of Holistic care within a local context
- How nursing can support people and communities to care for themselves
- The role of nurses in public health, and the role of World Health Organisation
- The triple impact of nursing. How nursing can improve health; promote gender equality; and contribute towards stronger economies
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the role of nurses globally, and explain the unique contribution of the nurse
- Explain the principles of holistic care and apply holistic care within the local context of health and well-being
- Investigate the impact of the nurse’s role in patients’ lives and local communities
- Reflect on the role of the World Health Organisation in public health
- Identify what contributes to health and well-being
- Discuss the role of nurses in: improving health; gender equality; stronger economies
Who is the course for?
This course has been created for refugees, displaced people and the communities supporting them in the MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa) region who wish to study nursing or a healthcare-related course at a university in English. It has been created as part of the PADILEIA project.
However, it will also be of interest to anyone looking to develop their knowledge of nursing and healthcare.
Supported by UK aid - Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education, Innovation and Reform
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.