Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Digital upgrade Free
Explore the role nurses play around the world
Are you interested in a career in nursing? Prepare with this course where you will explore how nursing contributes to the health and well-being of individuals and communities around the world.
You will learn about the different roles nurses play, including the role of nurses in public health. You will discover the principles of nursing and understand how nurses can help people and communities care for themselves.
This course has been created by the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care, as part of the PADILEIA project. It is supported by SPHEIR UK aid.
What topics will you cover?
- The roles and unique contributions of nurses globally
- Principles and applications of Holistic care within a local context
- How nursing can support people and communities to care for themselves
- The role of nurses in public health, and the role of World Health Organisation
- The triple impact of nursing. How nursing can improve health; promote gender equality; and contribute towards stronger economies.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course has been created for refugees, displaced people and the communities supporting them in the MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa) region who wish to study nursing or a healthcare-related course at a university in English. It has been created as part of the PADILEIA project.
However, it will also be of interest to anyone looking to develop their knowledge of nursing and healthcare.
Supported by UK aid - Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education, Innovation and Reform
King's College London are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get: