Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This is a practical course which focuses on developing the key knowledge and skill required by professionals when negotiating and drafting commercial contracts that involve parties, laws or businesses.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
Director of Programs, College of Law Asia
College of Law
- Demonstrate a good understandings of commercial law contracts
- Apply these understanding to problem-solving and decision-making in practice
- Apply these understandings to critically analyse and evaluate your own professional practice, toward accountability and improvement
- Identify and explain the key legal principles governing the formation of contracts
- Draft readable documents, such as contracts, that integrate correct structure, clear language and risk management
- Demonstrate effective negotiation techniques in commercial contracts
- Identify the purpose of the contract and understand parties’ expectations
- Identify and critically discuss the specific skills needed for drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Explore ways in which to draft and negotiate contracts that are readable, enforceable and achieve clients’ objectives
- Elucidate possible issues, challenges and pitfalls in drafting commercial contracts
- Explore the legal rationale and practical knowledge underpinning contractual clauses, and
- Discuss ways to close the deal (win-win outcome)
Issued on 12th September 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: