Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
British Council and GREAT Campaign
This online course was aimed at people preparing to study in the UK. Participants have a clear understanding of the UK Higher Education system, what they can expect and the study skills they need to thrive in UK education.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Study UK Campaign Director
- Demonstrate an understanding of UK academic culture and the engagement expected of you
- Explore the way teaching and learning is organised in UK higher education and its key terminology
- Reflect on the language knowledge and academic skills you need to achieve success
- Assess the resources that are available to you to support your learning
- Reflect on the positive contribution you will make to UK academic life through the diversity of perspectives you bring
- Develop the confidence you need to feel prepared for study in the UK
- Characteristic features of higher education in the UK: active engagement, critical thinking, evidence-based argument, independent study, academic integrity
- Study modes: lectures, seminars, tutorials, student presentations, group assignments, their roles and functions
- The language skills you need to achieve success (academic writing, reading, listening and note-taking, speaking)
- Understanding assessment in higher education
- Support services available to students; library, English language support, counselling etc.
- Practical issues round living as a student in the UK: accommodation, making friends, what to bring, things you need to do on arrival
Issued on 25th August 2023
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: