Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course was aimed at people who wanted to learn how to use policy to make a positive change. Together we learned more about how to turn your passion into a policy, how to use evidence effectively, how to collaborate and influence and how to develop a policy action plan.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
- Identify the passion which drives your ambition to shape policy change
- Reflect on how your policy idea ties in to your wider purpose
- Explore what policy is and how it can lead to change in wider society
- Assess the importance of different types of evidence in creating policy
- Identify who your stakeholders are and learn how to influence them effectively
- Develop your confidence and skills around policy leadership
- Design an action plan that will set your policy idea in motion
Turning passion into policy
- What is policy?
- Who makes policy change?
- How to use passion and purpose
- Your role in making policy change
Learning from experts
- Hearing from experts, world leaders and young people who have made change in the world
Insight and evidence
- Evidence in policymaking
- How to use evidence
- Different kinds of evidence
- Policy creation processes
Collaborating and influencing
- Policy making tactics
- “Policy windows” and the best time to take action
- What are stakeholders?
- How to understand and influence others to make change
- Communication and influence
- How to define and communicate your “vision” for change
Creating your policy action plan
- Actions, tools and tactics to help you plan your policy
- How to achieve long-term impact
- Key things to consider as you are planning your path to change
Issued on 9th August 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: