Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the transition to higher education, provided insight into uni life to manage expectations, and presented the range of support and resources available for students. By the end, learners have developed life skills and tools to help them prepare for university and beyond.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Student Recruitment and Access Officer
University of Reading
- Explain the difference between further education and higher education to understand what is expected of a university student
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing personal finances when it comes to researching accommodation, food and working with budgets
- Contribute to online discussions about shared experiences to help deepen their understanding and further their knowledge
- Improve personal and professional skills to gain confidence in and out of university
- Explore the type of support and resources available to students at their chosen university
- Develop life skills and tools that will help build independence and resilience for university life and beyond
Week 1: Ready - Knowing what to expect
- What is Higher Education?
- Discovering the difference between Further Education and Higher Education
- Understanding what an academic community is and how you’re part of it
- Knowing the people around you
Week 2: Set - Preparing for university
- Practicalities: Accommodation and budgeting
- Socialising: What’s available for you
- Wellbeing: Exploring the support and resources available at university
Week 3: Go – To university and beyond
- Maintaining a work/life balance
- Networking and developing connections in and out of uni
- Finding opportunities in and out of university
- Knowing how you can make the most of your experience at uni
Issued on 17th June 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: