What topics will you cover?
WEEK 1: WHAT IS ACADEMIC INTEGRITY? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
- The meaning of academic integrity and the fundamental values associated with it
- The importance of academic integrity in academia
- Transitioning to university from different environments and adjusting to new norms and values
WEEK 2: WHAT IS ACADEMIC DISHONESTY AND HOW TO AVOID IT?
- Examples of academic dishonesty including plagiarism
- Strategies for avoiding plagiarism and other forms of academic dishonesty
- Most common rationalisations used to excuse academic dishonesty
- Dealing with unexpected events which may contribute to academic dishonesty
- Avoiding academic dishonesty when working on assignments—individually or in groups
WEEK 3: ACHIEVING WITH INTEGRITY: USING THE WORK OF OTHERS
- Respecting the work of others
- Referencing, summarizing, paraphrasing and quoting
WEEK 4: ACHIEVING WITH INTEGRITY: GEARING UP FOR STUDY
- Study skills which cultivate academic integrity including: time management, study planning, tips to work in groups, critical reading and note taking, essay writing, studying for exams
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
No specific requirements. The course is mainly for university and college students, including undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £39.00
Statement of Participation £19.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLintegrity to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course