What topics will you cover?
WEEK 1: WHAT IS ACADEMIC INTEGRITY? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
- The meaning of academic integrity and the fundamental values associated with it
- The importance of academic integrity in academia
- Transitioning to university from different environments and adjusting to new norms and values
WEEK 2: WHAT IS ACADEMIC DISHONESTY AND HOW TO AVOID IT?
- Examples of academic dishonesty including plagiarism
- Strategies for avoiding plagiarism and other forms of academic dishonesty
- Most common rationalisations used to excuse academic dishonesty
- Dealing with unexpected events which may contribute to academic dishonesty
- Avoiding academic dishonesty when working on assignments—individually or in groups
WEEK 3: ACHIEVING WITH INTEGRITY: USING THE WORK OF OTHERS
- Respecting the work of others
- Referencing, summarizing, paraphrasing and quoting
WEEK 4: ACHIEVING WITH INTEGRITY: GEARING UP FOR STUDY
- Study skills which cultivate academic integrity including: time management, study planning, tips to work in groups, critical reading and note taking, essay writing, studying for exams
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $54 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLintegrity to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course