Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Use Pivot Tables to Analyse Data in Excel
Create better dashboards to showcase your data insights
Pivot tables allow you to quickly analyse and summarise large sets of data with ease. Using pivot tables and Excel visualisations, this data can be used to create interactive, informative dashboards.
On this three-week course from The Excel Club, you will discover the basics of pivot tables and how to use them to create better dashboards that allow you to track trends and reveal important insights.
Learn the fundamentals of pivot tables
You’ll start this course by learning the basics of pivot tables, what they are, and how to insert them. There are many different ways that you can use pivot tables and you’ll explore different tools such as adding calculations, working with dates, and adding filters into your pivot Tables.
During your first week, you’ll look at some practical examples in which you’re presented with data and, using pivot tables, you’ll need to effectively analyse it under specific parameters. This will help to cement your new knowledge of pivot tables.
Explore pivot charts and GETPIVOTDATA in Excel
Once you have the basics, you’ll move onto learning some advanced techniques for formatting pivot tables, as well as some tricks you can use on them.
Building on your charting skills from the previous courses, you’ll explore pivot charts, a visualisation of a pivot table, and how to use them to easily showcase the data from your pivot tables.
Discover how to set up and format pivot table dashboards
Pivot table dashboards are a great way to present and provide unique perspectives on large volumes of data.
This course will take you through the different steps needed to create a pivot dashboard in 20 minutes from start to finish. You’ll cover everything from creating the pivot tables and setting up charts, to slicers and timelines, and formatting your dashboard.
- How to set up and work with basic pivot tables in Excel
- How to use advanced pivot table features in Excel
- Understanding GETPIVOTDATA
- Use Pivot tables to create interactive and dynamic dashboards
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise data with Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Design and Develop Interactive dashboards with Pivot tables and Pivot charts
- Apply advanced features and formatting to Pivot tables
- Pivot data with helper columns to create advanced charts and chart features
- Report on data using Pivot tables, Charts and Dashboards
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interesting in improving their Excel pivot table and charting skills.
It will be especially useful for those working with data and wanting to analyse and present it in a clear and effective dashboard.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course you will need a version of Excel. You can sign up for a 30 day trial directly with Microsoft get Excel 365
Who developed the course?
The Excel Club is a global leader in Excel and Power BI training. With over 100K students from across 186 different countries, The Excel Club has grown from strength to strength.
The force behind The Excel Club is by Paula Guilfoyle. Paula is a Certified Public Accountant and Microsoft Excel MVP who has worked across a broad range of industries as an Accountant, Internal Auditor and Financial Controller.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends