Becoming a Better Music Teacher
Duration 5 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Extra benefits From $69 Find out more
Learn new teaching methods to enhance your instrument or singing lessons
Vocal coaches and music teachers have an important role in improving their students’ ability to sing or play an instrument. On this course, you will learn to assess your current teaching strategies and look at new ways to engage your students during their lessons.
This course will offer instrument-specific advice and resources as well as guidance on how to plan music lessons within a broader curriculum. You will gain the confidence to challenge your existing practices and identify weaknesses in your own teaching style in order to become a more effective instrumental or singing teacher.
What topics will you cover?
- Assess your current teaching
- Explore and evaluate teaching and learning principles
- Identify core musical skills
- Evaluate your own technique
- Develop a range of strategies for teaching technique
- Explore links between motivation and progression
- Increase your awareness of professional values and practice
- Design a curriculum and devise lesson plans
- Produce a personal development plan
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for all music and instrument teachers and vocal coaches. It’s ideal for both private teachers as well as teachers working in schools, music trusts or music academies.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLMusicTeacher to talk about this course on social media.