What topics will you cover?
- Understanding continuing professional development
- Areas for professional development
- The challenges and solutions of professional development
- Defining and explaining reflective practice
- Understanding and using Kolb’s cycle as a reflective tool
- Considering peer observations as a means of professional development
- Learning through and from classroom observation and peer feedback
- Understanding what communities of practices are and why they are important
- Exploring a range of online communities of practice
- Building the necessary skills for interacting in communities of practice
- Refining the skills to observe your own classroom
- Exploring the Spiral of Inquiry as a tool for improving classroom practice
- Understanding the importance of being a lifelong learner
- Creating your own iterative professional development plan
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course has been especially designed for the needs of teachers in India, particularly those teaching in English or who teach English as a subject. However, it is also relevant for teachers around the world including those from other low-resource contexts.
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $69 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLBetterTeachers to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course