Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Current Issues in Secure Development
Prepare for your final assessment with supported revision that covers the range of topics studied so far, including security legislation, secure design principles, formal modelling, hazard analysis, and model checking.
Work will be structured around a series of exercises and case scenarios to offer you a structured approach to preparing for this ExpertTrack’s final assignment.
Revise your knowledge of security standards and legislation
Review and reflect on some of the key concepts covered here. You’ll be presented with a number of scenarios that reflect on how cyber security interacts with the system development life cycle, and how secure design principles can be implemented in real-life systems.
Gain confidence in hazard analysis and formal verification techniques
This is an opportunity to review your knowledge of developing and implementing robust security systems. You’ll be presented with further exercises in formal verification techniques, computation tree logic application, and secure programming principles.
Upon completion of this course, you will have a full overview of the cyber security ExpertTrack and will be ready to get started on the final assessment to gain your certification.
- Current security concerns in the system development process
- Overview of the key concepts covered in the program
- Preparation for the final assignment
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the current security concerns/issues identified in the different stages of the development lifecycle of a system
- Discuss the opportunities of applying more accurate and cost-effective testing and verification techniques (eg secure by design approach)
- Describe the main testing and formal analysis limitations
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is suited to people looking to increase their understanding of software development lifecycle and security considerations. It has been designed for security analysts, security architects, software developers, and aspiring security specialists.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends