Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Secure System Analysis and Design
System design and system specification are crucial stages in the process of software development.
In this course, you will have the chance to explore the first two stages of the software development life cycle, focusing on design principles that can be used to improve the security level of the systems under development.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll understand how to apply formal methods to outline and design your system’s behaviour and reduce potential threats to your information security.
Understand and demonstrate the major principles of secure design
In the first week of this course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn how to identify security risks, and get to grips with the core principles underlying secure design. This includes identifying system threats, vulnerabilities, and risks before moving onto finding solutions to mitigate against them.
Explore modes of formal security modelling and specifications
Once you’ve understood how to identify threats, you’ll move onto applying formal processes to decide and design your system’s behaviour. This includes building your confidence in reviewing appropriate core security processes for your systems and prepares you for implementation.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll be ready to apply secure system design principles and move onto building your skills in development.
- Applying secure design principles to diminish potential system threats and vulnerabilities
- Applying formal methods to specify and design system’s behaviour
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify threat, vulnerability and risk concepts
- Demonstrate use of secure design principles
- Evaluate human factors in system security
- Explore security needs of various systems
- Assess appropriate core security measures for the systems
- Identify model system behaviour using formal methods and tools
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is suited to people looking to increase their understanding of software development lifecycle and security considerations. It has been designed for security analysts, security architects, software developers, and aspiring security specialists.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends