- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Security System and Application Development
Secure design is a crucial consideration within software development. It helps to guarantee that systems are reliable, trustworthy and properly functioning.
This two-week course offers you the chance to equip yourself with a range of techniques for the design and implementation of secure systems. You’ll have the chance to explore secure programming principles, investigate how formal modelling can be incorporated into the development process, and review options for managing secure system development.
Implement robust security operation practices
In the first week of this course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the principles of secure programming. You’ll build your understanding of layered security and the principles of secure programming, and will be able to discuss how these apply to real-world systems. This week also covers potential implementation errors, providing you with a list of common pitfalls and vulnerabilities.
Apply core security technologies within your system
You’ll familiarise yourself with a variety of core security technologies, such as encryption, different authentication techniques, and access control. Once you’ve covered the basics, you’ll be able to develop secure systems using these tools and experiment with your system’s functionality.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll have a sound understanding of the principles and technologies used in secure programming, ready to try them out and build your knowledge so you can carry out ongoing security tests and maintenance.
- Implementing secure systems
- Managing secure system development
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the principles of secure programming and its application in real world systems
- Explore implementation errors and exploits
- Experiment with a system’s functioning using formal models
- Apply a range of core security technologies (eg access control, encryption, authentication techniques)
- Develop secure systems using the respective tools
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is suited to people looking to increase their understanding of software development lifecycle and security considerations. It has been designed for security analysts, security architects, software developers, and aspiring security specialists.
This course will introduce you to information security design principles and teach you about their impact on secure systems.