- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Security System and Application Development
Secure design is a crucial consideration within software development. It helps to guarantee that systems are reliable, trustworthy and properly functioning.
This two-week course offers you the chance to equip yourself with a range of techniques for the design and implementation of secure systems. You’ll have the chance to explore secure programming principles, investigate how formal modelling can be incorporated into the development process, and review options for managing secure system development.
Implement robust security operation practices
In the first week of this course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the principles of secure programming. You’ll build your understanding of layered security and the principles of secure programming, and will be able to discuss how these apply to real-world systems. This week also covers potential implementation errors, providing you with a list of common pitfalls and vulnerabilities.
Apply core security technologies within your system
You’ll familiarise yourself with a variety of core security technologies, such as encryption, different authentication techniques, and access control. Once you’ve covered the basics, you’ll be able to develop secure systems using these tools and experiment with your system’s functionality.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll have a sound understanding of the principles and technologies used in secure programming, ready to try them out and build your knowledge so you can carry out ongoing security tests and maintenance.
- Implementing secure systems
- Managing secure system development
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the principles of secure programming and its application in real world systems
- Explore implementation errors and exploits
- Experiment with a system’s functioning using formal models
- Apply a range of core security technologies (eg access control, encryption, authentication techniques)
- Develop secure systems using the respective tools
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is suited to people looking to increase their understanding of software development lifecycle and security considerations. It has been designed for security analysts, security architects, software developers, and aspiring security specialists.
This course will introduce you to information security design principles and teach you about their impact on secure systems.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends