- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How Cyber Security Affects the Software Development Life Cycle
Businesses around the world are investing in skills and resources to strengthen their cybersecurity due to increased reports about serious vulnerabilities and a growing industry that seeks to exploit them.
Discover the importance of secure system design and find out how security-first mindset can improve the software development process. This 2-week course introduces you to the history of system development and security, and helps you build the skills to evaluate the legal and ethical considerations when creating secure systems.
Explore the history of system development and security
This course begins by reviewing the history of system development, before moving onto a review of the software development life cycle. This is an opportunity to grow your understanding of the different security considerations and how they fit into the software development process. Once you have completed this stage, you’ll be able to review basic security methods and discuss the history of cybersecurity.
Get to grips with the legal and ethical issues in cybersecurity
In addition to technical considerations, you’ll be exposed to a range of legal and ethical elements that influence the implementation of different security systems. This includes the legislation involved in software development and information security.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a basic understanding of these areas, and have a firm foundation to move onto further learning about how to design, build, and maintain robust security systems.
- An introduction to system security and the software development life cycle
- Legal and ethical consideration in system development
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the history of system development and security
- Identify different cases of security breaks/issues on different systems (eg policy break, attacks, etc)
- Describe the basic security primitives and methods
- Evaluate legal and ethical considerations related to the design and development of secure systems
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is suited to people looking to increase their understanding of software development lifecycle and security considerations. It has been designed for security analysts, security architects, software developers, and aspiring security specialists.
This course will introduce you to information security design principles and teach you about their impact on secure systems.