- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
System Security Testing and Maintenance
In this two-week course, you’ll be building on everything you’ve learnt so far on the ExpertTrack. You’ll discover how to test software and how to measure the success of a system from a function and security standpoint.
Evaluate a range of secure development platforms, standards, and methodologies
You’ll familiarise yourself with system and software testing. This includes assessing the end user needs, the functionality and performance of the software, as well as the ease of use, compilability with existing data and hardware, robustness, cost and level of customisation.
These evaluation processes allow you to discover hidden security vulnerabilities to avoid data breaches, attacks, and security failures within your business.
Thoroughly test your system’s security and apply formal verification
Once you have explored different testing strategies, you’ll have the opportunity to apply them to a developed system. This includes using verification tools for system analysis, and comparing your developed system via formal verification to build a complete understanding of your system’s behaviour at any time.
Upon completion of this course you’ll have the skills and confidence to test and maintain your system’s security over time, and adapt your design in order to cope with new threats or vulnerabilities.
- Software analysis and testing
- Formal verification
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore security vulnerabilities and related mitigation measures
- Describe the types of system and software testing techniques
- Explore different testing strategies and methodologies
- Apply testing to a developed system
- Compare correctness of a developed system via formal verification
- Perform testing using verification tools for system analysis
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is suited to people looking to increase their understanding of software development lifecycle and security considerations. It has been designed for security analysts, security architects, software developers, and aspiring security specialists.
This course will introduce you to information security design principles and teach you about their impact on secure systems.