Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Build a Physical Computing Prototype
Explore how physical computing is changing tech and build your own prototype
Physical computing is the use of computers to respond to the physical movement of the human body.
Whereas in the past computing was limited to immobile computers and laptops, today microcontrollers and sensors are revolutionising the tech industry and how we interact with household items.
On this course you’ll learn what’s inside the devices we all use every day, like kettles, phones, and smartwatches. You’ll come to understand how they work, how they respond to our movements, and ultimately learn to create your own physical computing prototype.
- Physical computing
- Hardware of physical computing
- Software of physical computing, coding physical computing
- Creating physical computing devices
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the components and methods for physical computing
- Investigate how physical computing is used in industry
- Investigate how to collect, use and process data
- Create a program that utilises input data
- Identify parts of a physical computing project
- Develop several physical computing projects from design to creation
- Evaluate physical computing in the real world and its impact
Who is the course for?
This course is for computing students interested in exploring the world of physical computing. It would also be valuable for anyone looking for an introduction to physical computing, whether hobbyists or people wondering if a career or degree in computing is for them.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Essential Creative Technologies collection from UAL Creative Computing Institute, Lancaster University and the Institute of Coding.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.