Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Business Agility Foundations: A Framework
Explore an agile people-centric framework for business agility
How should organisations optimise for success in complex, uncertain environments?
On this three-week course, you’ll discover an agile, people-centric framework to understand the elements needed for business agility and the power of agile teams to improve performance and deliver better customer value.
Use business agility and agile teams to improve performance and customer value
You’ll learn about the characteristics of people-centric agile organisations using a business agility framework and consider some of the structures adopted by agile organisations, with a focus on agile teams.
As team working is the recognised work model for many organisations, you’ll learn about team relationships, dynamics and dysfunctions, and the conditions needed for high-performing teams. You’ll also find out how a network of collaborative teams with appropriate autonomy for decision-making can outperform more traditional organisational structures.
Learn what it takes to become an agile organisation alongside industry experts
By the end of the course, you will be able to consider the characteristics of an agile organisation and ways to build business agility through teamwork. Learning from the specialists at The Open University and the Agile Business Consortium, you’ll also be able to discuss elements of successful team-working and how empowered, collaborative teams can increase business agility and deliver more value.
- A framework for business agility
- Agile organisational structures; recognising the power of teams
- The importance of relationships, group dynamics, autonomy, and collaboration in creating high-performing agile teams
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the characteristics of an agile organisation
- Identify ways to build business agility through teamwork
- Discuss elements of successful team working and how empowered, collaborative teams can increase business agility and deliver more value
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone new to business agility or those with a basic understanding who want to know more. Some workplace and/or team-based experience will help you understand the content of the course in the context of a working organisation (of any size, sector, or industry). It’s particularly suitable for:
- Those who want to know how they can develop their own practical business agility for future roles.
- Those struggling to understand how to survive and thrive in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) world.
- Those wishing to broaden their skillset and expand their Continuing Professional Development.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends