Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Business Agility Foundations: An Introduction
Discover how agility can help deal with a VUCA world
The world is changing rapidly and feels increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA). How does this impact organisations, teams, and the way we work?
This three-week course sets the scene for business agility. You’ll learn about the benefits of business agility, the drivers for organisational change, and consider the complex and uncertain environment in which many of today’s organisations operate.
Explore the philosophy, values, and principles of business agility
You’ll start by learning what business agility is, and then look at how the workplace is evolving, the important contribution of leadership in agile organisations, and how ‘conscious capitalism’ brings purpose to organisations to deliver more. You will also consider how customer value is at the heart of business agility and why a customer-driven, value-based approach improves organisational performance.
If you’re new to business agility, want to know how to survive and thrive in a VUCA world, or already have a basic understanding and want to know more and develop your own practical business agility for future roles, this course will give you an introduction to business agility and broaden your skill set as part of your professional development.
Learn how business agility and agile leadership can help organisations
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to recognise some of the challenges faced by organisations in a VUCA world, describe business agility values and philosophy, how it can help organisations survive and thrive in complex environments, and consider the style of leadership needed for business agility.
- VUCA – challenges and impact
- Business agility philosophy and values
- Drivers for organisational change
- Benefits of business agility
- What agile leadership looks like
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Recognise some of the challenges faced by organisations in a VUCA world
- Describe business agility values and philosophy
- Describe how business agility could help organisations to survive and thrive in complex environments
- Consider the style of leadership needed for business agility
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone new to business agility or those with a basic understanding who want to know more. Some workplace and/or team-based experience will help you understand the content of the course in the context of a working organisation (of any size, sector, or industry). It’s particularly suitable for:
- Those who want to know how they can develop their own practical business agility for future roles.
- Those struggling to understand how to survive and thrive in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) world.
- Those wishing to broaden their skillset and expand their Continuing Professional Development.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends