Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Business Agility Foundations: Engaging Others
Learn from the experts at the Agile Business Consortium and The Open University
Change is never easy!
Agile organisations have to continually learn to adapt and flex in new environments. This needs teams and individuals who can focus deeply on their own growth and engagement.
On this three-week course, you’ll explore the link between learning organisations and business agility. You’ll find out how continuous learning, a growth mindset, and engaging others can support organisational change and business agility.
You’ll learn about the characteristics and importance of learning organisations, including identifying approaches (such as reflective practice) that can be used to enhance continuous learning.
Discover how business agility requires a growth mindset, effective communication and engagement
You’ll explore how developing a ‘growth mindset’, self-awareness, and a focus on stakeholders helps you support business agility. You’ll also learn how to engage others for agility, familiarising yourself with effective communication and ways to keep people motivated and engaged.
Explore ways to help promote a learning organisation and engage with others for business agility
By the end of the course, you will be able to recognise the characteristics of a learning organisation, how to develop a growth mindset, self-awareness and a stakeholder focus in your learning and personal development, and identify ways to engage with others to create business agility.
- Agility in business based on continuous learning
- Developing a growth mindset, self-awareness, and a stakeholder focus
- Engaging others for agility
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the characteristics of a learning organisation
- Explore ways of gaining a growth mindset, self-awareness and a stakeholder focus in your learning and personal development
- Identify ways to engage others to create business agility
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone new to business agility or those with a basic understanding who want to know more. Some workplace and/or team-based experience will help you understand the content of the course in the context of a working organisation (of any size, sector, or industry). It’s particularly suitable for:
- Those who want to know how they can develop their own practical business agility for future roles.
- Those struggling to understand how to survive and thrive in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) world.
- Those wishing to broaden their skillset and expand their Continuing Professional Development.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends