Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Learn Chinese: Introduction to Chinese Conversation
Learn Chinese greetings to begin a basic conversation
Are you new to the Chinese language? On this six-week interactive course, you’ll be introduced to useful words and expressions to help you build confidence in speaking Chinese Mandarin.
You’ll start with greetings and introductions before moving onto everyday tasks such as ordering meals and asking for directions to help you navigate your way through China.
Gain an insight into Chinese culture
Throughout the course, you’ll learn how to use Chinese words and phrases in the right context. From family members and different jobs to talking about the weather and health, you’ll understand how to discuss different topics in Chinese Mandarin.
You’ll also build your knowledge of traditional and popular Chinese culture to help you understand more about the language you’re learning.
Study alongside professors at Shanghai International Studies University
By the end of this course, you will know approximately 150 new words and feel confident using Chinese vocabulary in the right setting.
You’ll learn from top professors and teachers at the Shanghai International Studies University who will help you build a solid foundation to progress to more advanced Chinese language courses in the future.
This course is part of the Introduction to Mandarin Chinese ExpertTrack, a comprehensive set of courses to help you learn how to speak, write, and pronounce Chinese Mandarin.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore approximately 150 vocabulary words
- Demonstrate proper usage of vocabulary within context of use
- Apply some sentences in daily communication and achieve language proficiency of New HSK 1
- Understand some similarities and differences between Chinese culture and one’s own culture
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for beginners who want to learn the Chinese language and become more familiar with Chinese Culture.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: