Learn to use Chinese grammar at a basic level.
Whether you want to learn Chinese for work or fun, mastering Chinese grammar is an important step. On this course, you will build your knowledge of the rules of Chinese grammar and learn more about traditional Chinese culture.
You will gain an understanding of syntax, semantics, and pragmatics. You will learn how to structure sentences and express dates and time. Upon completion of this course, you will have built your confidence in speaking, writing, and reading basic Chinese. A basic knowledge of Chinese is necessary.
What topics will you cover?
Some useful words and expressions
Some basic sentence structures and special sentences
Simple daily communicative skills, such as self-introduction and describing daily activities
Some knowledge of Chinese traditional culture
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Master the basic grammar in Chinese containing fundamental sentence structure and usage
- Better express yourself and more accurately in context
- Improve your skills in reading, writing and translating accurately and fluently
- Communicate in Chinese at a basic level in your daily and academic lives
- Improve your Chinese proficiency, accuracy and fluency in using Chinese
Who is the course for?
This course is for learners wanting to improve their Chinese and become more familiar with Chinese grammar.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: