Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Learn Chinese: Introduction to Chinese Pronunciation and Tone
Become comfortable pronouncing the syllables in the Mandarin Chinese language
Understanding the correct pronunciation and tone of Mandarin Chinese is essential for beginners learning the language. On this three-week course, you’ll be introduced to Chinese phonetics, tones, and syllables to help build your confidence in speaking Chinese.
Using videos and audio content to enhance your learning, this interactive course will teach you the main rules of spelling and how to correct errors in pronunciation.
You’ll cover useful phrases such as greetings, self-introduction, expressing thanks, love, and apology to help you become more comfortable in speaking Chinese Mandarin correctly.
Understand the basics of Chinese phonetics
You’ll learn the key elements of Chinese phonology, including initials, finals, and the four main tones to help you speak the language more effectively.
As well as this, you’ll learn how to tackle the difficult Chinese pronunciations by understanding how to differentiate similar sounds.
You’ll also improve your Chinese written skills by learning the core rules of spelling.
Use Pinyin to develop your Mandarin pronunciation
Pinyin is a helpful and widely-used tool that uses the Latin alphabet to write Mandarin Chinese. You’ll learn how to use this system to help you accurately pronounce different words, and further your study of the language.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to demonstrate impressive pronunciation of all syllables in Mandarin Chinese, and feel confident in applying words and sentences to daily communication.
● Key elements of Chinese phonetics: initials, finals and tones
● Core rules of spelling and tone marking
● Differentiation of similar sounds
● Simple daily language skills such as greetings, self-introduction, expressing thanks, love and apology.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the Chinese phonology and understand the components and structure of Chinese phonology
- Demonstrate accurate and impressive pronunciation of all syllables in Mandarin Chinese
- Apply some words and sentences in daily communication
- Record the pronunciation of Mandarin Chinese with Pinyin and continue your further study with the help of Pinyin
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for beginners who want to improve their Chinese speaking skills, and learn the correct pronunciation of the language.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends