Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Contemporary Chinese III: 3.2
Delve deeper into Chinese culture and language rules
On this six-week course from Chinese Plus, you will continue to enhance your Chinese language skills at an intermediate level, while also exploring traditional Chinese culture and current Chinese society.
Learn about Chinese names and their meanings
Learning a language is also about understanding the culture. In Chinese culture, names are extremely important and have certain rules.
You’ll start this course by delving into Chinese names, how to talk about their meanings, and the cultural rules around choosing a Chinese name.
Explore Chinese legends, folk customers, and traditional festivals
Vocabulary building is fundamental for language learning. Throughout this course, you will master key vocabulary related to topics including legends, Confucius culture, and festival celebrations.
Through this vocabulary, you’ll also gain insights into the cultural context of Chinese legends and festivals, such as the Dragon Boat Festival, Spring Festival, and the Tomb Sweeping Festival.
Expand your skills for talking about work and family in Mandarin Chinese
Being proficient in a language requires taking part in real-life communication. On this course, you’ll explore Chinese family relations and how to talk about part-time jobs and occupations in more detail.
You will also learn about grammatical sentence structures, reviewing important grammatical devices to develop your language skills. You‘ll learn the extended uses of directional complements, as well as common prepositions, adverbs, and conjunctions.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key categories of vocabulary
- Collect more grammatical structures and sentence patterns
- Create conversations and short paragraphs
- Practice narrating stories and reading more complex texts
- Demonstrate communication skills in Chinese
- Engage in wider range of topics related to current China
- Explore aspects of Chinese culture
- Develop general knowledge of China
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning the Chinese language. To benefit from this course, you will need a good command of basic to intermediate Chinese words, expressions, and grammatical structures.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends