Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Contemporary Chinese IV: 4.1
Expand your Chinese vocabulary and construct more natural conversations
On this five-week course from ChinesePlus, you’ll begin your advanced Chinese journey. With the basic and intermediate language knowledge as your foundation, you’ll learn new vocabulary, phrases, and paragraph structures to make your Chinese dialogue much more natural.
Explore expressing emphasis, complaints, and criticisms in Chinese Mandarin
You’ll look at how to express emphasis and negation in Chinese via dialogues and articles; being introduced to new vocabulary through audio and visual tasks.
Later in the course, you’ll build on this by learning ways to construct sentences and paragraphs that express complaints and criticism in Chinese.
Discover the Chinese language structure to tell a story in chronological order
Storytelling is a vital part of any language and many conversations revolve around the art of telling a story, whether you’re recounting a real incident or weaving a fictional story.
This course will guide you through the keywords, phrases, and sentence structures needed to tell a story in chronological order. Through listening, reading, writing, and speaking in Chinese, you’ll grow your storytelling skills, being able to understand others’ stories as well as tell your own.
Explore more cultural aspects of China such as family and relationships
With any language, there are many cultural nuances such as the way we address elders or the myths that shape metaphors. It’s important to understand the culture behind a language to fully embrace the language and avoid offending others.
You’ll finish each week of this course by exploring a different aspect of Chinese culture. These topics include the Chinese philosophy of human relationships, the 4-2-1 family pattern that has emerged in recent years, and the Chinese number superstition, among other subjects.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key categories of vocabulary
- Collect key expressions and sentence patterns
- Create conversations and long paragraphs
- Debate on certain topics in Chinese
- Report on survey results and findings
- Practice narrating stories with rich details
- Explore aspects of Chinese culture
- Develop general knowledge of China
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning the Chinese language. To benefit from this course, you will need a solid foundation of intermediate Chinese words, expressions, and grammatical structures.
It is recommended that you complete the Contemporary Chinese 1 ExpertTrack, the Contemporary Chinese 2 ExpertTrack, and the Contemporary Chinese 3 ExpertTrack first as they will give you the foundation you need for this course.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends