Weekly study3 hours
Culture in the Digital Age
Explore the affects of digital technology on the cultural sector
In the last two decades, the cultural sector has undergone a radical transformation due to the rise of new media technologies. The digital revolution has radically transformed the daily practice of international cultural relations.
On this course you will explore how digital technology creates new opportunities in international cultural relations. You will learn about new trends in the cultural economy, regulatory challenges and emerging threats. You will also be introduced to tools to build a digital strategy in order to reach an international audience and establish global networks.
Digitalisation and the cultural economy
- Impacts of the digital on creative industries
- The rise of transmedia
Cultural institutions in the digital age
- A new era for cultural policy?
- Crowdfunding culture
- Digitalised art worlds
New threats and regulatory challenges in the age of the internet
- The emergence of new vulnerabilities
- Digital platforms as threats for the creative economy
- Media pluralism in the digital era
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify economic and organisational models emerging in the cultural economy as a result of digital disruptions
- Explore the key regulatory challenges at national and international levels
- Design innovative frameworks for intercultural relations, using the power of new technologies
- Develop a digital strategy to reach a wider audience and build global networks
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone working in fields related to culture or technology. This includes cultural managers, artists, diplomats, internet professionals, and journalists.
Who developed the course?
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.