Discover how to engage customers through relationships
When did you last do business with someone you didn’t trust? Or who broke a promise? Building a relationship with your customer involves time, communication and commitment, but the benefits are a sure way to help your business succeed and grow.
This online course introduces the principles of relationship marketing, revealing long-term relationships as the way to unlock value for marketers, customers and other stakeholders.
Even if you have never considered marketing to be relevant to you personally, the ideas shared in this course will reveal how you can benefit from it – at work or elsewhere.
What topics will you cover?
- How to gain the most relevant insights about customers and their needs
- Designing the most appropriate products for your intended customers
- Prioritising the customers who are most likely to be interested in your products
- Identifying the most profitable applications of relationship marketing
- Understanding the different ways you can get customers to be loyal and when to use them
- Maximising the effectiveness of digital marketing for relationship building
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss and apply the key principles of relationship marketing to your customers
- Improve your own performance in organisations of which you are a member
- Develop your analytical and prioritisation skills
- Assess and appreciate the ethical issues surrounding marketing relationships
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for anyone looking to develop and strengthen relationships with their customers or other stakeholders and does not require any previous experience of studying relationship marketing.
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website.
If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Business and Finance Fundamentals program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM191 Business and Finance Fundamentals in Practice starts October 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all eight Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course. The start dates of the relevant FutureLearn courses in 2019 and 2020 are available here.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLBFengagement to talk about this course on social media.