Weekly study4 hours
Data Visualisation: Creating Charts and Complex Visualisations in Tableau
Struggling to turn data insights into action within your organisation?
Learn how to identify the right metrics to add to data dashboards and identify the most effective components to help you tell data stories through beautiful visualisations.
This course will take you from theory into practice. You’ll build the skills you need to create interactive dashboards using Tableau.
You’ll learn the practical and strategic steps needed to successfully present and communicate insights to a range of audiences and key stakeholders with Tableau.
Identify key business metrics to create effective data visualisations
If you want to tell the right data story, you need to choose the right metrics.
This part of the data visualisation process directly impacts the types of charts, components, and output you’ll work with and the overall effectiveness of your dashboards.
Review your data visualisation layouts for accessibility
Ensuring that every member of your organisation can easily read and understand data dashboards is essential for their effectiveness.
You’ll learn how to evaluate your dashboards for accessibility and make changes to ensure that you can make an impact with every reader.
Prepare strategies to deploy data dashboards within your organisation
Once your data visualisations have been created, you’ll need a plan for delivering them throughout the business at the right time and at the right levels.
This course will prepare you to make decisions on how to release the information, timings, and how to communicate upon release for maximum impact.
- Introduction to dashboards
- Designing dashboards
- Data communication and accessibility
- Data insights and storytelling
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key business metrics to prepare operational dashboards
- Identify dashboard layout components
- Evaluate the accessibility of dashboards
- Assess stakeholder requirements
- Prepare strategies to deploy dashboards in an organisation
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals who wish to build their data visualisation skills to successfully meet the demands of their roles or to progress into new opportunities.
This may include:
- business professionals looking to progress in their current role
- career starters wanting to develop their data visualisation capabilities to increase their chances of meaningful career progression and promotion
- business or arts graduates who want to enter a professional role by adding quantitative skills, including data visualisation techniques and predictive modelling.
If you want to further your understanding in this subject, you may be interested in these courses from the same provider. they share the same subject and overall learning outcomes. Access them here:
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.