Data Visualisation with Tableau Fundamentals
Want to create meaningful data visualisations that fuel decision-making and growth within your business?
This course teaches you the basics – from individual elements and relationships through to data preparation in Tableau.
You’ll learn design theories and how to identify important dashboard elements before moving on to hands-on exercises.
Explore core data visualisation theories before creating beautiful dashboards
Identifying the components of an effective data visualisation is the first step to creating and presenting impactful dashboards for your business. You’ll cover design considerations and theories when creating charts and presenting complex relationships using data.
Learn how to import and prepare data in Tableau
Tableau is used by countless industries around the world, including companies such as Experian, Siemens, Coca-Cola, and Nissan. You’ll use this market-leading software throughout this course, starting with learning to prepare your data.
Build charts and interactive elements to supercharge your data visualisations
Once you’ve mastered the theory and the basics, you’ll move on to building up your dashboards with common chart types and interactive elements within Tableau, offering you a variety of ways to present and review your data sets.
By the end of this course, you’ll feel confident identifying useful areas of Tableau, you’ll have a foundation in data visualisation theory, and you’ll be ready to move onto creating your dashboards and distributing them within your organisation.
- Introduction to data visualisation
- Designing charts and visualising complex relationships
- Introduction to using Tableau for data visualisation
- Charts and interactive visualisations in Tableau
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify components of an effective visualisation
- Recognise the design considerations when creating charts and visualising complex relationships
- Articulate how to import and prepare data in Tableau
- Identify common chart types and interactive elements in Tableau
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals who wish to build their data visualisation skills to successfully meet the demands of their roles or to progress into new opportunities.
This may include:
- business professionals looking to progress in their current role
- career starters wanting to develop their data visualisation capabilities to increase their chances of meaningful career progression and promotion
- business or arts graduates who want to enter a professional role by adding quantitative skills, including data visualisation techniques and predictive modeling.
If you want to further your knowledge, you may be interested in these courses, from the same provider, which share the same subject and overall learning outcomes:
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.