Weekly study3 hours
Demystifying Entrepreneurship: How to Think Like an Entrepreneur
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn to be more entrepreneurial by finding out how entrepreneurs think and work
While entrepreneurship is closely linked with the start-up process, risk and venture creation, this course will introduce you to the concept of entrepreneurialism. You will explore the intention to behave in an enterprising way and how this is shaped by specific contexts. You’ll challenge key concepts, such as enterprise, innovation and leadership. The aim of this course is to assess your own skills, capabilities and aspirations, in order to reflect upon the type of entrepreneur you are or would like to be.
- Differentiate between entrepreneurship, enterprise and entrepreneurialism
- Explore different types of entrepreneur and entrepreneurial practice
- Explore entrepreneurial archetypes
- Consider the history and evolution of the entrepreneur: from economic construct to social construct
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Investigate the differences between a wide range of entrepreneurial types
- Explore the range of roles and functions of the entrepreneur
- Identify a range of entrepreneurial characteristics
- Explore your own entrepreneurial mindset and characteristics
- Reflect upon what type of entrepreneur you are or would like to be
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for individuals who are interested in social activism, those who want to manage their team to create efficiencies and looking to ‘future-proof’ themselves. You might be interested in this course if you are new to the technological landscape and want to fill the gaps in your skillset or are interested in creating change. No previous experience is necessary.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.