Weekly study3 hours
Digital Marketing: Challenges and Insights
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Explore exciting new concepts and applications in digital marketing
On this course, you’ll learn about emerging trends in digital culture and online consumer behaviour, data analytics and privacy.
Throughout the course, you’ll consider the implications of these developments for both marketers and consumers.
You’ll explore evolving changes in how we behave online and what this means for organisations. You’ll discuss developments in technologies and the relationship between marketing online and offline.
You’ll discover the opportunities and challenges in obtaining value from data at a time when much uncertainty exists about personal privacy and control of online assets.
You’ll also create and share digital assets through interactive exercises and games and post a short video at the end of the course reflecting on what you’ve learned and how you’ll make use of your new skills.
- How businesses can benefit from digital storytelling
- How marketers can draw upon a variety of social tools to share their stories
- Impact of evolving changes in how we behave online
- The challenges and opportunities that social media offer to marketers
- The ‘customer journeys’ we make when purchasing goods and services
- How marketers can draw upon these developments to start thinking beyond standard ‘online’ versus ‘offline’ distinctions
- How marketers can add value to customers by providing useful and relevant location-specific services without being intrusive
- The true ownership of digital assets and what this status means for how we access and manage our digital possessions over time
- Basic analytical tools and how they can help measure marketing effectiveness
- Examination of privacy issues from the perspective of both consumers and marketers
- How marketers can encourage existing customers to recommend an organisation to their friends by using gamification techniques
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how the way people behave online is evolving and what this means for the organisations they support and do business with
- Discuss developments in the technologies people use and the ways in which this is enabling creative integration of 'online' and 'offline' by marketers
- Evaluate the opportunities and challenges for marketers in obtaining value from social data, at a time when uncertainty still exists about personal privacy and control of online assets
- Reflect upon the topics discussed in the context of your own experiences and use a variety of social tools to share your stories with other learners
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for those with an interest in digital marketing courses, and does not require any previous experience of the subject.
However, the depth of thinking and analysis will be at an undergraduate level, thus making this an ideal taster course should you be:
- considering whether to pursue a more formal study programme in this subject area
- wondering if digital marketing is the career for you
- currently working in a more “traditional” marketing role and wanting to find out more about what’s changing