What’s the difference between a free course and an upgraded course?
Why join the course?
This short course introduces you to exciting new concepts and applications of digital marketing. It takes an informal “story telling” approach, encouraging you to share your own stories as consumers and/or marketers for the benefit of the learner group as a whole.
What will I learn and how might this benefit me?
We will focus on emerging trends in digital culture and online consumer behaviour, data analytics and privacy. Throughout the course, we examine the implications of these developments for both marketers and consumers.
- Week 1 will introduce you to the course, the tutors and how it all works. We will examine the evolving changes in how we behave online and what this means for the organisations we support and do business with.
- Week 2 will discuss developments in the technologies we use and the relationship between “online” and “offline” - is this still a meaningful distinction?
- Week 3 will examine the opportunities and challenges in obtaining value from the vast amounts of social data now generated, at a time when much uncertainty still exists about personal privacy and control of online assets.
What will the learning experience be like and what will be expected of me?
The course will take place online and will consist of a variety of videos, articles, discussions and activities based on your experience.
You should be willing to reflect upon the ideas we will discuss in the context of your own experiences, and to share your stories and reflections with others on the course.
You will be encouraged to create and share digital assets through interactive exercises and games and post a short video at the end of the course reflecting on what you have learned and how you will make use of the skills you have acquired.
What topics will you cover?
- How businesses can benefit from digital storytelling
- How marketers can draw upon a variety of social tools to share their stories
- Impact of evolving changes in how we behave online
- The challenges and opportunities that social media offer to marketers
- The ‘customer journeys’ we make when purchasing goods and services
- How marketers can draw upon these developments to start thinking beyond standard ‘online’ versus ‘offline’ distinctions
- How marketers can add value to customers by providing useful and relevant location-specific services without being intrusive
- The true ownership of digital assets and what this status means for how we access and manage our digital possessions over time
- Basic analytical tools and how they can help measure marketing effectiveness
- Examination of privacy issues from the perspective of both consumers and marketers
- How marketers can encourage existing customers to recommend an organisation to their friends by using gamification techniques
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript $89.00
Statement of Participation $54.00
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLdigital to talk about this course on social media.