- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Digital upgradeFree
Essential Skills for Your Career Development
Learn the professional career development tools to get your career on track
Most people want to achieve career success, but how can you make it a reality?
On this course, you’ll get the tools to take your career to the next level.
Using planning tools, you’ll establish goals for your career and how to achieve them.
You’ll learn how to navigate the process of applying for jobs and interviews, and consider the importance of transferable skills and creating the right professional networks.
You’ll also hear from like-minded individuals who propelled their careers forward using similar career development plans.
Featured in the UK government’s The Skills Toolkit collection.
- Careers in the modern professional landscape
- How to use vision boards to identify your own career roadmap
- Exploring goal setting and understanding value propositions
- Goal setting
- Building a professional network
- Building relationships
- Dealing with change and always being ready to learn
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify different approaches to growing your career
- Explore a roadmap, vision board for your career path
- Explain your career vision clearly
- Identify key individuals, organisations and platforms for your network
- Develop communications to engage key leads
- Evaluate the impact of your strategy and iterate accordingly
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
University of Leeds are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get: