Grow your confidence in answering common weight management questions
The obesity crisis means that healthcare professionals talking confidently to patients about weight is more critical than ever.
On this course, designed for healthcare professionals by an international team of experts in nutrition and weight management from Monash University and Portsmouth Hospital, NHS Trust UK, including GPs and nurses, you will be equipped with the latest information about weight management strategies, so you can feel more confident in having difficult conversation regarding weight with patients, and answering common nutrition and weight management related questions.
What topics will you cover?
- Talking about weight with patients
- Weight loss and management
- Science of weight management
- Weight loss strategies
- Food quality, energy density and relationship with weight
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify critical time points where interventions can have the most effect in the prevention of weight gain
- Discuss factors that may assist patients to lose weight and prevent weight regain
- Discuss factors that may drive weight regain in those who have lost weight and what health professionals can do to support weight loss maintenance
- Engage effectively with patients and respond to common nutrition, food and weight management related questions
Who is the course for?
Places in this course are limited to 100, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
This course has been designed for healthcare professionals, specifically medical specialists, general practitioners and nurses.
However, the course may be of benefit to healthcare professionals such as dietitians and nutritionists with a background in nutrition, who may like a ‘refresher’ in this area of study.
You should have a good knowledge of science, medicine and healthcare practice.
Who has recognised this course?
This course is recognised by:
British Dietetic Association (BDA): endorsement applies only to the educational content of the learning activity.
Association for Nutrition (AfN): endorsed for CPD.
If you have any questions on the course, its accreditation/endorsement or how it may relate to your professional healthcare practice we encourage you to email your questions to email@example.com
Who developed the course?
Monash University is one of Australia’s leading universities, ranked in the world’s top 1% by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It was established in Melbourne in 1958.
- LocationMelbourne, Australia
- World rankingTop 80Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.