Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Foundations of Project Management
Discover the principles of project management
What is project management? What are the essential concepts of project management? What factors affect the state of a project? Answer these questions and others with this course.
You’ll be taught the essentials of project management, including theoretical and applied perspectives. You’ll study project constraints such as cost, time, and resources.
You’ll also look at the role and the skills of project managers and investigate the opportunities for further professional development.
You’ll discuss and demonstrate competence in selecting and starting a project within an organisational context.
- Core concepts of project management, including the prerequisites for a project (the business case), project management and the role of the project manager
- Project phases and processes, such as traditional project life cycles
- Factors important to project selection and prioritisation, as evidenced by organisational capability and available resource capacity
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the importance of project management in the context of various organisational cultures and strategies, and summarise the essential components of a project, and the processes considered essential for its successful completion
- Describe the project phases that make up a typical project, and summarise the project management processes that occur within each. Explain the relationships between subject areas, process groups, and processes
- Describe the typical project management process, its documentation and deliverables that are produced in each project phase
- Evaluate factors important to project selection and prioritisation as evidenced by organisational capability and available resource capacity
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in project management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Advance your career with a degree
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.