Microsoft Future Ready: Fundamentals of Internet of Things (IoT)
Get a solid introduction to IoT from experts in the field
The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to a system of interrelated, internet-connected objects that can collect and transfer data over a wireless network without human intervention. In our connected world, most of our everyday items now use IoT and both the personal and business possibilities are endless.
This three-week course will help you gain foundational knowledge of IoT as you explore the concepts, terms, and patterns of an IoT solution.
Learning from the specialist at CloudSwyft, you’ll complete different lab activities to help you explore the benefits and opportunities available to businesses through IoT.
Discover IoT architecture
You’ll learn how IoT can be used to support businesses across a range of industries including healthcare, retail, and manufacturing.
Examining both the device and the cloud, you’ll explore the architectural components of an IoT solution to help you understand how IoT is used in practice.
Explore the security considerations with IoT and wireless connections
When implementing an IoT solution, there are different security considerations you must address to keep your organisation and network secure.
You’ll learn the steps and approaches for evaluating and implementing IoT in your business, including the different software and services used, as well as the security measures to put in place.
You’ll finish the course with a solid understanding of IoT and be able to identify IoT business opportunities across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Explain the approaches that a business can take when preparing to implement an IoT solution
- Describe the device categories available in the marketplace and characteristics of commonly used devices
- Describe software and services that go into an IoT solution and how security considerations are addressed within the implementation
- Evaluate and align a use case scenario or problem statement with a real-world IoT implementation and architecture
- Explain one or more approaches for implementing an IoT solution based on a use case scenario or problem statement
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply how IoT can be used to support business needs in industries like Manufacturing, Smart City/Building, Energy, Healthcare, Retail, and Transportation
- Evaluate the components of an IoT Architecture
- Describe the security considerations that must be addressed when implementing an IoT solution
- Describe the communication, data, and process pathways implemented within an IoT solution
- Asses the approaches that a business can take when preparing to implement an IoT solution
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like an introduction to how the Internet of Things can benefit a business or those interested in working on an IoT solution.
What software or tools do you need?
The upgrade version of this course will include all the required CloudSwyft Hands-On Lab practice environments to be used by students and learners on this course, powered by CloudSwyft.
You will need a computer running Windows, Mac OSX or Linux, and a web browser.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.