- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Advanced Cyber Security Training: Hands-On Password Attacks
Identify the downsides of passwords in digital security
Passwords are an integral part of digital security, but it’s important to know their vulnerabilities to maintain strong cyber security.
On this two-week course, you’ll explore different types of password attacks and how to use them in a penetration test and security assessment.
Through practical experience, you’ll understand how malicious password attacks occur and what you can do to prevent them.
Learn multiple password attacks and use them in a penetration test
You’ll begin by covering the basic theory of password protection by understanding topics on cryptography, password entropy and hashing. You’ll then put this into practice by learning how to crack passwords.
You’ll learn how to set up a small environment for security testing where you’ll delve into a diverse range of methodologies to bypass passwords, including brute force attack, dictionary attack, rainbow table attack and keylogger.
Crack different types of passwords and learn how to create secure passwords
As you learn how to crack a variety of password types, you’ll become familiar with the tools required to prevent password attacks.. What’s more, you’ll learn how to create strong, unforgettable passwords that offer more security.
By the end of the course, you’ll understand the theory behind password attacks, how to create a uncrackable password, and the solutions and techniques you can implement to prevent attacks in future.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand how to set up a small environment for security testing
- Understand how to bypass passwords using Brute Force Attacks, Dictionary Attacks, Rainbow table attacks and keyloggers
- Understand how to use different tools to perform password attacks
- Understand how to prevent Brute Force Attacks, Dictionary Attacks, Rainbow table attacks and sniffing via keyloggers how to create strong passwords that you will never forget
- Explore tools to help you prevent password attacks and/or create a strong password
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for beginner and intermediate level learners interested in improving their understanding of cyber security and how to create secure passwords.
You should be familiar with computers, bash (or similar), and be able to install Windows + Linux.