Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Advanced Cyber Security Training: OWASP Top 10 and Web Application Fundamentals
Examine the importance of software security and risks to web applications
It can be difficult to fully understand software vulnerabilities if you only read about them, which is why this 2-week course allows you to take a practical approach to software security.
On this course, you’ll develop your understanding of the most critical risks to web application security and learn first-hand how to exploit these vulnerabilities.
This practice-orientated course will help you become more security aware and teach you how to avoid these weaknesses in your own applications.
Understand the OWASP Top 10 and how to use them to minimise risk
The OWASP Top 10 is a standard awareness document about the largest risks to web applications. You’ll begin by reviewing and discussing each risk and learn how to exploit them to see the vulnerability in action.
You’ll learn how to use a deliberately vulnerable web application where you will exploit at least ten vulnerabilities.You’ll be able to identify and mitigate these critical security risks by reviewing vulnerable source code and learning how to fix it.
Learn the common exploitation techniques used to test software security
By putting into practice the common exploitation techniques used to test software security, you’ll gain a full understanding of the impacts of security breaches. This includes XXE (XML External Entities), XSS (Cross-Site Scripting) and Insecure Deserialization.
You’ll also examine the various threat agents to your software security and how to prevent them from conducting damaging activities.
By the end of the course, you’ll be comfortable increasing security in your organisation and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the OWASP Top 10 to ensure your applications minimize the security risks in the list.
- Explore how Web Applications are built and delivered on top of the HTTP protocol.
- Explore threat agents, attack vectors, and impact of the ten most critical web application security risks.
- Identify and mitigate the ten most critical security risks by reviewing vulnerable source code.
- Explore common exploitation techniques used to test software security.
Who is the course for?
You should also have a computer that is capable of running VirtualBox.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends