- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $59
Cultural Diversity and the City
Understand the importance of cultural diversity to the thriving city
Cities all over the world have embraced cultural and religious diversity, creating unique heritages. On this course you will investigate both ‘old’ and ‘new’ diversities in city heritage in four different continents.
You will look at cities with a divisive heritage (Bristol as a slave port) and a post-migration heritage (such as Cologne in Germany). You will will also look at major post-colonial urban centres and how they used cultural diversity to revitalise inner city areas. You will also consider those cities that turn diversity into a branding tool, like Singapore or Doha.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the challenges and opportunities of cultural diversity in cities
- Design creative solutions to deal with contested heritage
- Assess labels aimed at promoting inclusive heritage in diverse cities
- Explore the rise of transnational city networks for culture
- Discuss the rise of regional and global cultural hubs in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in the cultures of cities, but will be of particular interest to those working in the arts, culture and heritage.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLCulturalDiversity to talk about this course on social media.