Skip to 0 minutes and 9 secondsChina has experienced rapid economic development over the past 30 years. To sustain its rapid growth in future, China will need to transform itself to an innovation based economy. This course is an introduction to innovation and entrepreneurship in China. It is one of the pioneering courses that link discovery, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. The course is based on the PIPE model, which has been developed by Dr Hongyi Sun over a span of 10 years. The PIPE model provides students with a broader view of the innovation and entrepreneurship process. You are welcome to join us to learn about Innovation and Entrepreneurship in China.
What topics will you cover?
- Demographic and economic basics in contemporary China
- Research-informed cultural binaries and their influence on facilitating or impeding innovation
- Impediments to innovation in Chinese culture
- Facilitating innovation and entrepreneurship with the systematic and cross-disciplinary PIPE Model
- Recognizing problems as innovation and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Creating innovative ideas and solutions with the Cre8map and the Diamond Style of Thinking
- Examination of new product idea feasibility with a patent search and market research
- Product design in the New Product Development process and conducting user tests to identify limitations
- Development of a business model and a business plan for a startup
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLinnovationchina to talk about this course on social media.